Hawaii, Florida, and California -that’s where you’ll find the best shores! That’s according to a traveler’s ranking of the best beaches.
TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards ranked the ‘Top 25 Beaches in the U.S.’ Out of the 25, only two beaches are not in the three states listed – Ocean City Beach in Ocean City, Maryland and Race Point Beach in Provincetown, Massachusetts.
The booking and travel review site ranks the best beaches in the U.S. and worldwide every year. TripAdvisor goes through many travelers’ reviews to determine what spots are worthy.
Five Southern California beaches made the cut: La Jolla Shores in La Jolla, Newport Beach, Crystal Cove State Park in Laguna Beach, and Carlsbad State Beach and Coronado Municipal Beach. Both are in San Diego County.
Check out the full list below:
1. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
2. Lanikai Beach – Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
3. Siesta Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
4. St. Pete Beach – St. Pete Beach, Florida
5. Wai’anapanapa State Park – Hana, Maui, Hawaii
6. Ka’anapali Beach – Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
7. Pensacola Beach – Pensacola Beach, Florida
8. La Jolla Shores – La Jolla, California
9. St. Augustine Beach – St. Augustine Beach, Florida
10. Panama City Beach – Panama City Beach, Florida
11. Henderson Beach State Park – Destin, Florida
12. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve – Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
13. Poipu Beach Park – Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii
14. Manini’owali Beach (Kua Bay) – Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
15. Ogunquit Beach – Ogunquit, Maine
16. Newport Beach – Newport Beach, California
17. Coronado Municipal Beach – Coronado, California
18. Fort Myers Beach – Fort Myers Beach, Florida
19. Race Point Beach – Provincetown, Massachusetts
20. Las Olas Beach – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
21. Carlsbad State Beach – Carlsbad, California
22. Crystal Cove State Park – Laguna Beach, California
23. Navarre Beach – Navarre, Florida
24. Hanalei Beach – Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii
25. Ocean City Beach – Ocean City, Maryland