At first we saw flying on private planes become affordable and now yachting is becoming less expensive as well.
Recently, at least four companies have offered seven-day yacht charters for $10,000 or less, according to The New York Times. And, the options are plentiful. Most of the sailboats have multiple bedrooms, perfect for families or group vacations. They allow vacationers to set sail themselves or hire a captain.
So, how much are we talking? Here’s a look at four yacht companies and what they offer travelers:
Boca Raton’s Yachtico:
- 5,000 yachts worldwide
- $5,000 or less to charter for a week
- Sample trip: Sail along Croatia’s Dalmation Coast on a six-bedroom, 46-foot-long catamaran starting at $4,900. Add on a captain for an additional $193 per day.
Clearwater’s The Moorings:
- 400 boats in 20 destinations
- Sample trip: Sail around Tahiti on a 38-foot long, three-bedroom yacht with several outdoor decks, a spacious living room, and a fully equipped kitchen for $9,800, which includes a captain.
San Francisco’s GetMyBoat:
- 50,000 boats in 154 countries
- $5,000 to $8,000 on average for a seven-day charter
- Sample trip: Sail from Ibiza around the Balearic Islands on a three-bedroom, 50-foot-long yacht for $3,290, including a captain.
Internationally based Dream Yacht Charter:
- 700 boats in 42 international locations
- Less than $10,000 for a weeklong charter
- Sample trip: Sail around the Seychelles for under $5,000.