Barcelona is one of the most visited destinations in Europe. It’s the most populated city and the most popular city to visit in the country. With one of the best beaches in the world, eight UNESCO World Heritage sites, and a thriving bar and restaurant scene, it’s not hard to see why millions of people vacation there every year.
But, the city of Barcelona wants more! It wants to change the way you see the Catalan capital, according to Breaking Travel News. The local tourism agency has launched a ‘Greater Barcelona’ campaign. It’s the brainchild of Barcelona, Barcelona Province, and the Catalunya tourism boards. All three designed the promotional push to showcase why Barcelona is much more than packed city streets, Gaudí architectural buildings, and a world-renowned tourist area.
So, what might tourists be missing? According to these tourism boards, not enough tourists take the following unique attributes into account when visiting Barcelona:
- 29 Michelin starred restaurants
- Historical tour of nearby areas: Sitges, Calella, Manresa, Berga, and Vic
- 62 miles of beaches along the city’s coastal area
- Home to the best sparkling wine in the country, including the following regions: Alella, Penedés, and Pla de Bages
- Countless premier restaurants for gastronomers
The promotional campaign is just in time for spring and summer travel seasons.